Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Shopping

Christmas shopping. Two words. So simple. If only the actual process could mirror the simplicity.

I went for the second round of Christmas shopping for my wife tonight. She has school in the evening, so I loaded up the kids and headed out to the mall. I went one night last week and made it through a little more than an hour, and one purchase, before heading home to get the girls to sleep. I was determined to make this night different.

Didn't happen. I upped my time at the store by double, but still made the same amount of purchase. Shouldn't the word be purchases, for grammar's sake! Maybe, but I only made one, so I will not add the s. I refuse. It mocks me with its superior air of plurality. No, I didn't make much headway in the gift department, but I wouldn't call the night a total failure.

Can a night be a total failure when it ends with chocolate? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment