Wednesday, January 18, 2012


Formatting a novel. Three words. It sounds so easy. Let me tell you, it’s not. I’m working on a second book to put out this year but decided I need to get The Boo Hag all ready to go, so I can put it out whenever I want. The only things left are cover art, which I’m working on, and the formatting.

I sat down to do some formatting last night. And it sucked. It was horrible. I spent like three hours doing nothing. I ended up in very nearly the same spot where I started. I looked online for help with formatting, but as you can imagine, Createspace doesn’t offer much help for novel formatting. It makes sense. Why give people guides, when you can charge them hundreds of dollars to do the formatting for them? It was one of those moments when I just wanted to give up.

But I’m pushing through. I am not paying to have someone else format my book for me. It may be terrible for my blood pressure. I may lose hair and sleep, but I’m gonna do it. I got a book from Amazon that is gonna help me get through it. And when The Boo Hag is finally out there, it will be my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment